Friday, 9 April 2010

So, I now own a kiln. It is pretty old and I need shelves and posts for it but it will go all the way to cone 10. I've decided to wait until we are in a better apartment to wire it in. So, it won't be useable until we move in October. But, at least for now, I have it and it will be ready when I need it. I am hoping to get a wheel tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been continuing to make small slab boxes and bottles. Today I finished up three small bud vases and about 8 or 9 boxes. I did crazy textures on them. It took about 1/2 hour to texturize each box. I used a sewing needle pushed into a cork to do the patterning. Also, I used the pointy end of a knitting needle for some of the textures. These boxes are larger with no handles on the lid. I am a little stumped on how to glaze these highly textured boxes. I don't want to lose all the detail in them. I might dip them then wipe the glaze off so it stays in the recesses. Hopefully they'll be all done in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment