Sunday 18 April 2010

Bowls











Yesterday I made bowls. I made 12 in all. It is hard because since I have such limited space, I can't make lots of one thing. I will probably fire these, pack them away somewhere and free up shelf space for more. Anyway, I liked they way they came out for the most part. Some have stronger forms than others. These bowls are kind of tall. I like a tall bowl for eating a big salad. That way, none of the stuff falls out like it sometimes does in lower bowls. I suppose I will make lower bowls next. The wierd thing about working from home is the hours. Somehow, I have gotten myself into a very bad schedule. I will work until 2 or 3 in the morning, crash out, then sleep in later than I'd like to admit. I really don't like doing this and am trying to get back to a regular pattern but it is not easy. I feel like I am in college again, staying up all night to do projects. I have some time today to throw. Yesterday while working on altering these bowls, I got some ideas for making covered jars in a similar shape. I think I will tackle that next. I could even make small casseroles. Argh! The possibilites are endless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment