Tuesday, 23 March 2010


Yesterday I spent a good five hours in the studio. I have learned my first hard pottery lesson: when you don't strain the glazes, they come out with defects on the pots. I just kind of forgot to do it and I got some yucky things going on with a few items. Today I spent a few hours straining all of them. Then, I glazed as much bisqueware as I could and loaded it into the kiln. I had wanted to start the kiln up that night but I ran out of time. I think I probably glazed 50 pieces or so. I have about 15 more pieces to do then, I will embark on my first firing! After that, I will hopefully have some pieces for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment